The last few days Rich and I have been trying to figure out where to go, why we are here and what we're doing.
Rich is working in the MTRH (Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital) and with AMPATH
(Use to be Academic Model for Provided Access to HealthCare). It has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
I have been working with LACE: Legal Aide Centre of Eldoret, which is a part of AMPATH and provides legal services for people with HIV/AIDS and their families.
Today was not very productive as we had a big storm and then we had a power ration, so the internet has been in and out.
Swahali lessons: Today we took our first official swahali lesson. We learned words such as Hodi, Karibu, Asante and (Jina Langu ni Princess).
More to come.
The Princess, The Bear & The Bug
The following are actual adventures that have occurred to the Princess, the Bear & the Bug. [Character names were given by each other years previously and no predjudice was used in naming such characters. Except for the Bug....she was too cute]
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
habari rafiki yangu! Una Penda Kenya? Nina Penda Tanzania! Jina langu ni AmeLIa (When I was there in tanzania, they absolutely LOVED my name because it meant in swahili "She Was Crying"
ReplyDelete(Pronounced Ah MAE LEE AH)
I Can't wait to hear more adventures, I hope you post some pictures soon :)
We'll miss you on Thursday!